The Assistant Product Manager will work with the Product Manager to handle Specific tasks within the organization. The main objectives of an Assistant Product Manager are to assist in administration task, product compliance/QC and product development, additionally, work with the Purchasing and Supply Chain teams to ensure that products are profitable, cost effective, in stock and on time. The Assistant Product Manager position will offer experience in product development, contract manufacturing/sourcing and customer business reviews.
1) Assist the Product Manager with administrative tasks
2) Plan and execute Product Marketing and Compliance milestones
3) Analyze product line sales and profitability
4) Handle forecast preparation and tracking
5) Review and understand customer reviews, articulating customer challenges and make recommendations
7) Identify current and future market opportunities
8) Prepare market and product documents
9) Analyze new product ideas for overall compatibility with Pilot capabilities
10) Update product applications on a regular basis (ACES and PIES)
11) Coordinate testing of new products and maintain test report files for all assigned product groups
12) Create detailed instructions for the use of a product.
13) Identify key product features and benefits (selling tools) to Sales Dept.
14) Investigate and document any product deficiencies or quality issues. Initiate corrective action to bring deficient product back into compliance with product specifications.
1) 2+- years experience in product development or similar type role that share responsibilities/analytics
2) Knowledge of the market and industry preferred
3) Excellent cross functional skills
4) Proficient in Excel
5) Strong Work Ethic
6) Strong Flexibility, Adaptability and Fast Learner
7) Long Term Placement
About Pilot Automotive
Wang's International was founded in 1984 based on the belief that providing high quality products at fair prices was a guiding principle that would carry the company to a successful future. This value proposition became the foundation on which all Wang's and Pilot activities are based.
Wang's International began as a small, niche supplier of automotive accessories to the traditional Accessory Market. Pilot Automotive was created in 1996 to support the growing DIY Market. Both sides of the company are designed to specialize and maximize the different types of support required for different types of markets. In the beginning, our warehouse and offices actually occupied the same room and we had one employee. Today, we have grown to five distribution centers, more than 100 Pilot team members, and are one of the largest automotive and truck accessory suppliers. Pilot Automotive We purchased the intellectual property of American Products Company (APC) and added Vehicle Performance Systems (VPS) in 2006. APC is one of the best known accessory brands in the history of the Specialty Equipment Market and VPS is our OEM Division – now supplying a number of vehicle manufacturers of all type...s. In 2007, we added DC Sports, an iconic performance brand. DC Sports comprise the Performance Division of Pilot. Whatever you drive, you can count on Pilot to offer the highest quality, most innovative, best performing product for your car or truck!
We know you have a lot of choices in the products you select for your vehicle, and we sincerely appreciate your decision to purchase our products. When you purchase a Pilot product you have a company and a team that stands behind those products in every way. Our goal is not to meet your expectations but to consistently exceed them. From our factories to our customer service department to our financial, sales, logistics, and marketing teams, our commitment is to deliver a great product to you at a great value, every time!
Thank you for more than 30 great years!
The Pilot Automotive Team