Goodridge is the world’s leading manufacturer of performance fluid transfer systems. We operate in the OEM, automotive, motorcycle, motorsport, defense, and specialist industrial sectors. This dynamic private company manufactures ten facilities globally and supplies customers around the world with a unique combination of design, innovation, reliability, and outstanding service. Goodridge has a turnover of over $62m and operates globally with manufacturing and distribution operations in the UK, USA, Mexico, and Europe, employing more than 300 people worldwide.
Working from our Mooresville, North Carolina office, the Director of OEM Commercial
Sales is the OEM business lead within Goodridge USA, who is responsible for successfully developing and executing key strategies for growth within the business by leading, establishing, and coordinating the OEM business function.
- Directly responsible for the OEM commercial/ sales team, this role is cross functional and therefore also responsible for successfully coordinating and directing resources, activities and priorities of associated business functions including Engineering, Project Management, Purchasing, Quality and Production Planning to successfully achieve business goals.
- To pro-actively monitor, communicate, and manage risk to ensure the continued achievement of business goals and deadlines throughout the team.
- To establish effective communication internally within the business – promoting a collaborative approach within the wider OEM team and at a group level.
- To establish effective communication externally within the industry and with both prospective and existing customers – promoting accuracy, trust, and alignment with the customer base.
- To cultivate a ‘pro-active’/ ‘can-do’ energy. Leading with a strong communicative and collaborative approach.
- To understand customer needs and actively engage, enable, and promote Goodridge products and solutions to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved to the highest standard.
- Maximize the opportunity, turnover and profitability of the OEM business unit, ensuring consistent, profitable business growth.
- Develop, establish and deliver the strategic vision in line with the overall business objectives.
- Identify and manage both new business opportunities and existing customers, from prospecting through to delivery of products. Ensuring commercial and project milestones are successfully met.
- To lead a structured sales process (including but not limited to identifying leads, qualifying enquiries, RFQ, negotiation, conversion).
- Manage, support and coordinate the planning, development, and completion of OE projects from initial supply of prototype parts through to production (Job 1 + 90).
- Lead time team in successfully achieving New Product Introduction.
- Meet and exceed KPIs relating but not limited to RFQ conversion, project quality/ cost and delivery and sales budget achievement.
- Act as the point of risk management, escalation, and governance within the OEM business unit.
- Provide and support the accurate preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual Sales Budgets/ forecasting and analysis of key trends.
- Negotiate and implement non-disclosure agreements and commercial supply agreements.
- Act as the customer facing contact to identify, interpret and communicate customer requirements and expectations successfully within the business and project teams.
- Drive, establish and maintain strong business relationships with new prospects and existing customers.
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders are aware of changing customer requirements, which are recorded and administered correctly via formal sales and project management tools/ processes.
- Ensure technical competence with the ability to interpret, understand and discuss customer technical requirements.
- Provide feedback of market insights/ intelligence to business stakeholders - ensuring internal and external stakeholders have full and complete information to perform effectively.
- Ensure compliance to company best practice and professional customer contact and presentation.
- Ensure databases and internal housekeeping is kept up to date.
- Identify, lead and participate in continuous improvement activities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness within the business.
- The ideal candidate will be professional both internally and externally; constantly striving to improve efficiencies within the OEM team.
- The ideal candidate will have a successful and demonstrable track record of managing, developing, and growing profitable business opportunities, whilst delivering customer projects on time and within budget.
- They must be dynamic and driven with a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoying the thrill of developing both internal and external stakeholders whilst maximizing customer potential.
- Reporting to be legible, professional and data driven.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload of themselves and their team appropriately to achieve deadlines.
This person will operationally and functionally report to the Group CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERENCE to be considered for this role:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in Business or Engineering, MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5-10 years for director or sales experience as Sales Manager or Technical Sales Engineer in the automotive industry, a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Proven track record within an OEM, automotive or manufacturing environment. Leading a business unit or a commercial/ program team.
- Excellent experience/ understanding of the full sales and project management processes/ techniques and how they are managed within the wider business operations.
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Strong commercial acumen, conscientious with the ability to display tenacity and resilience.
- Drive to succeed and over-achieve business targets.
- Have experience of utilizing and employing strong consultative sales techniques to uncover and achieve customer requirements.
- Strong relationship management, negotiation and influencing skills, demonstrable to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify a problem and take the necessary steps to overcome it, while keeping vendor and financial limitations in mind.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical work location: Mooresville, North Carolina
- Environment: Inside/Office
- Physical activity: Sedentary with moderate walking
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS OFFERED
- 401K, employer match up to 4%
- Paid Vacation/Sick
- 13 Paid Holidays