TrickFlow Specialties is a division of Summit Racing Equipment.
Summary: Mechanical Engineer with a focus on product design and development in the performance automotive aftermarket.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design and develop new products from concept to production.
· Create CAD models and engineering drawings.
· Reverse engineer OEM component architecture as needed to develop new products.
· Determine and specify appropriate materials, finishing and other processing requirements for new products.
· Optimize product design for manufacturability, quality, durability, performance, and cost while meeting established specifications.
· Determine and specify product BOM’s, components, and accessories.
· Develop, define, and assess tests and procedures for product evaluation and design validation.
· Assist in determining new product requirements, specifications, and cost estimates
· Collaborate with Pattern Makers and Manufacturing Engineering to assess the manufacturability of new designs and develop fixturing as needed.
· Collaborate with Quality and Manufacturing Engineering on product quality and product improvement initiatives.
· Work with Purchasing and outside vendors for the procurement of samples, pricing and material specifications. Assist with the evaluation of new vendors.
· Assist with creation of product technical information, training, and installation documentation.
· Conduct design feasibility studies as needed.
· Provide technical support for customer issues related to product design.
· Other duties as assigned
· Competent with 3D CAD modelling software (Solidworks), CMM/laser scanning equipment and other design tools
· Experience with CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) software and fluid dynamics principles as it pertains to engine performance.
· Thorough understanding of automotive engineering, design, and performance principles, particularly internal combustion engines
· Highly knowledgeable with hands-on experience of automotive systems, engine assembly, function, and performance modification.
Education and Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or Associate of Science in Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience.Minimum of 2 years product development experience, preferably in the automotive industry. Experience with automotive service and performance modification.
We are an employee-oriented company offering a wide array of benefits including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Rx Insurance
401(k) with company match
Health Club and Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Spending Account
Life Insurance Policy--Company Paid
Short Term Disability--Company Paid
Paid Personal/Sick Days
Paid Holidays and Vacation Days
And that's not all. At Summit Racing, we realize that a pleasant and fun working environment can be just as rewarding as material benefits. We do fun things like company raffles and Friday jeans days. It just goes to show you that you can have the best of both worlds--the material benefits of a bigger company
About TrickFlow Specialties
Summit Racing Equipment is the leading direct marketer of high performance parts and accessories for cars and trucks. Summit Racing offers the largest slecection, best prices and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, the Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquarted in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; McDonough, Georgia; and Arlington, Texas.