Responsible for managing projects, processes, programs and events related to SEMA volunteer groups and the Membership Department. Provide support to the Dept. VP and Council liaisons, as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
1. Serve as project manager to ensure that the successful outcome is achieved for all Council and Network events, services and projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The project toolkits are used as a strategic resource for all program and event planning, execution and evaluation.
Ensure project toolkits and/or timelines are developed and/or updated for all Council and Membership projects.
Schedule and host kick-off meetings to help set project goals (when necessary), staff roles and responsibilities, timelines and outcomes.
Recruit, assign and manage resources related to the successful completion of the project.
2. In partnership with the Council Directors and Membership Director, manage the processes of critical and large-scale department programs, including SEMA Launch Pad, Media Trade Conference, Member Lounges, Council election and awards, including:
Establishing timelines and ensuring that the process and tools are prepared and launched according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and project plans.
Identify and implement recommended changes and ongoing improvement.
3. Manage, evaluate and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as needed and/or requested for council and membership projects, programs and events.
4. Oversee the data-tracking efforts and analysis for all Councils and Membership-related projects, including:
Managing data related to Council and Membership project performance, member engagement and trending over time.
Benchmarking and analyzing marketing efforts, including tracking delivery, open rates, click-throughs, etc. to ensure that the Council and Membership team have accurate data to make the best decisions regarding the future of their projects.
Direct operational changes when and where needed based on analysis.
5. As needed, assist with the facilitation and coordination of Council and Membership events, including such programs as summits, volunteer meetings, receptions and tradeshow booths.
6. Be knowledgeable on all member benefits, programs and services offered by the association.
7. Assist with maintenance of Council and Membership data in Net Forum.
8. As requested, provide administrative support to the Council liaisons.
9. When directed by management, perform other assignments and duties as required.
Reports to Director of Councils & Networks.
Interfaces with all departments.
Interfaces with Association members and prospective members.
PRIMARY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
Team player who is willing to embrace new ideas and demonstrate an ability to change and grow as required by the position.
4-year college degree with a strong background in project management, event management or nonprofit management preferred.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in project and/or process coordination.
Strong understanding of all Microsoft Office software and strong ability to learn new software programs is required.
A minimum of four years of experience in association management and/or volunteer management is preferred.
Process all external and internal requests within a 24-hour time period during weekdays.
Skilled communicator with strong organizational abilities.
Travel requirements up to 15%.
A love for cars, trucks and SUVs is the motivating force behind the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). This trade association consists of a diverse group of manufacturers, distributors, retailers, publishing companies, auto restorers, street-rod builders, restylers, car clubs, race teams and more. Our organization performs many services for its members and for the hobby as a whole. Perhaps most importantly, SEMA works hard to protect consumers’ rights to drive accessorized, customized and vintage vehicles. Every year, SEMA also presents an enormous trade show in Las Vegas. This is where manufacturers unveil their latest offerings, while buyers, distributors and members of the press walk their feet off to see it all. Visit SEMAShow.com for more information.