Position Summary Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing our mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing high quality products and exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers. In addition to maintaining a high level of trust, integrity and ethical standards, all employees are also expected to promote a culture of safety by following all safety procedures, protocols and guidelines while working in a manner that minimizes the risk of damage to property and injury to the employee and others.
The VP Marketing will be responsible for the development of the organization’s overall vision and strategy for the Warn brand and its portfolio of products and channels, driving top-line and bottom-line business results. Reporting to the company leader, responsibilities of the incumbent include maintaining the product roadmap, directing product management, and developing marketing plans within all channels of distribution in consumer, industrial, and OEM, categories. The incumbent of the position is also responsible for the development of marketing services for all Warn business segments training and development programs for the organization’s sales force.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accountable for the organization’s brand management and P & L. 2. Defines marketing priorities, ensuring integration with Warn’s Strategic Growth Plan. 3. Develops and implements both short-term (one year) and long-term (five year) marketing plans, in conjunction with Sales and Operations, within each primary channel, to deliver the total Warn brand value proposition and drive top-line and bottom-line results. 4. Establishes unique and meaningful brand positioning for the overall Warn brand and for all sub-brands and co-brands, etc. 5. Supports strategic sales plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services. 6. Develops a highly effective and high performance marketing and product management team. 7. Leads marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness and preference for consumers, industrial and OEM markets. 8. Identifies growth opportunities for continually improving Warn’s competitive position. 9. Develops a robust product development pipeline in sync with the Voice of the Customer, the needs of consumer, industrial, OEM segments, and channel needs. 10. Develops product strategies including product segmentation, product definition, unique features and benefits, and product positioning and pricing relative to competition. 11. Works with R&D, Engineering, and Operations/Sourcing, to ensure product development and launch fulfills product Requirements and is on time and within budget. 12. Analyzes sales, market share, brand health, and profits to determine return on marketing investment. 13. Creates and oversees implementation of all brand communications including messaging and product-specific marketing. Includes public relations. 14. Maintains contacts with distribution centers and important key customers to follow up promotion efforts and to keep informed on Sales’ tool needs. 15. Accountable for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in assigned area. Responsible for design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, including a self-assessment and report to management team and/or audit compliance. Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area.
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions of this position, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers and management, and the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility, and presence on-site and after-hours.
The required number of hours / week will vary depending on what is required to perform efficiently the job duties of this position. This position will require availability and accessibility to respond to and address emergencies and critical situations outside of normal business operating hours in the early mornings, evenings and/or during weekends. Required Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA preferred. 2. 10 plus years of experience in marketing and product/sales management, with experience in building and leading a dynamic marketing team. 3. Demonstrated success building a profitable branded business, with an organization where brand is a critical differentiator in the success of the business; driving brand consideration and preference using different marketing vehicles (Video, print, ecommerce, social media, promotions, etc.); developing and launching innovative products; and significantly growing sales for a consumer products company; lifestyle product preferred. 4. Experience in International markets. 5. Experience leading market research initiatives and incorporating the data successfully toward new products and revenue growth. 6. Understanding of the economics of distribution as practiced by Warn.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency in use of a computer and common office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required. 2. Career history characterized by strong employers operating in growth environments, stability in employment and success in assignments as well as commitment to growth and development of previous employer(s). 3. Understanding of the economics of distribution as practiced by Warn Industries. 4. Knowledge of Warn Industries’ markets sufficient to provide guidance and vision to the company. 5. Proven skill in taking firm stances on issues within the framework of a team-based culture. 6. Excellent oral and written communication skills commensurate with the job tasks and position necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers while providing exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Ability to present information in a manner designed to educate or inform other team members and customers in one-on-one or group interactions as directed, to all levels of the organization. 7. Ability to create, review, comprehend, interpret, process and evaluate effectively documents written at the highest levels in English, in conjunction with the performance of the essential functions and other assigned job duties. Must have mathematical skills equivalent to those required under education and/or experience. 8. Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Including the ability to work efficiently and lead in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a calm, rational, respectful demeanor and communication style in times of stress occasioned by work demands, tight timelines, high expectations, unexpected issues, and other work related issues or concerns that may cause a heightened level of anxiety, frustration, anger, disappointment, confusion, etc. 9. Enthusiastic adoption and consistent demonstration of Warn Industries’ Core Values. 10. Strong technical, trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks, as well as establish and meet deadlines and manage projects to completion. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines. 11. Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, workflow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately. 12. Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Receive, understand, evaluate and appropriately respond to communications from employees, members of management, customers, vendors, and visitors using available technology, in person and in a public setting when necessary. 2. Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position daily while operating a computer and other tools and equipment in conjunction with completing required job tasks. 3. Maintain professional and respectful communication style to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations serve as an example to others of appropriate workplace communications. 4. Provide intellectually sound and well-reasoned answers, recommendations and solutions to identified business problems, issues and/or questions. Efficiently and quickly analyze process, manipulate, and accurately record extensive amounts of data (most of which is technical in nature) and other information that serves as the basis for this position. 5. Move to, from and within the designated work area frequently and consistently throughout the workday and regularly throughout our building and/or across Warn-related and customer property site locations, possibly during inclement weather. 6. Use a personal computer or other technology devices frequently and consistently for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing, creating, transmitting, and presenting documents, data and other business-related information. 7. Lift, transport and/or move up to 25 pounds of weight occasionally in the performance of regular duties. Occasional bending, stooping, walking up and down stairs, and kneeling may be required.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. This position’s job duties are performed generally in an office environment with traditional office lighting and office furniture, as well as consistent and frequent noise, interruptions and other similar distractions. It will also be necessary for a team member in this position to enter a shop environment where they may be exposed to loud noises from operating machinery, cold temperatures, and chemicals and vapors, as well as attending off-site activities and events, possibly during inclement weather.
Machines, Tools Equipment, Software:
Personal computer, network environment, copy machine, other office equipment, and team specific software and systems as outlined in position requirements.
APPLY ONLINE: Resume is required.
• Warn Employees go to the REDZONE • External applicants go to www.warn.com. • Please have your resume ready to attach electronically so all your previous experience can be considered. Thank you!
Internal Number: 18-2273
About Warn Industries
Warn Industries has the led the way in durable, innovative, and trusted off-road products since 1948. Our powerful winches, rock-solid bumpers and mounting systems, versatile rigging equipment, and proven 4WD hubs let truck, Jeep, SUV, and powersports owners GO PREPARED for whatever lies ahead, whether on the trail or on the job. We’ve been innovating for 70+ years, and continue to set the standard for the off-road aftermarket—whether you’re riding trails, crossing continents, or something in between.
In addition to off-road products, Warn Industries offers a complete line of hard-working electric and hydraulic winches and hoists for commercial, industrial, and severe-duty applications that help get the job done—whether on the back of a tow truck or on the front of a military vehicle. When it’s time to get to work, Warn is the name to trust.
Warn also has an inventive lineup of utility winches and hoisting equipment that lets both the professional and the do-it-yourselfer accomplish a range of tasks efficiently. From trailer loading and fence stretching, to engine hoisting and construction projects WARN products provide new answers to old questions and lets users get more done in less time.