Instructional Support Technician IV - Auto Collision Repair, Rock Creek Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09132
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 19, Fulltime, Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $3,259 - $3,329 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received
Job Summary: PCC is looking for an Instructional Support Technician IV who under the technical direction of one or more members of the faculty or an instructional administrator, participates in the delivery of the actual instruction through student supervision, assistance and evaluation; advises students as to their progress; designs and plans experiments/demonstrations that will assist the instructor in the delivery of Auto Collision Repair outcomes; may lecture on certain aspects of the laboratory work being performed; may assume full instructor responsibilities in the absence of the instructor; work situations require consideration and interpretation of circumstances or information to choose the most effective response; solutions are technical yet are relatively straightforward and well defined once problems are understood; well developed verbal skills are required to present and exchange technical or complex information; contacts are normally within the immediate work group; work is performed relatively independently as the incumbent participates in the final instructional product and services provided in the department. May direct the work of student helpers or work study students.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Paid Leave: Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service) 8 hours of Sick Leave per month 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Responsibilities/Duties: 1. Works with students individually or in groups to enhance their learning in the assigned laboratory; provides direct assistance in the use of equipment and materials needed for instruction; orients students to the laboratory. Sets up established laboratory experiences for students as required by course outline or faculty direction; evaluates student progress and grades students in certain aspects of their laboratory work; may lecture on specific elements of the laboratory work; may administer tests.
2. Acquires, maintains and inventories equipment, materials, supplies, live specimens and written materials required for student instructional needs; performs repairs on equipment; checks out equipment, supplies, materials to students; maintains contact with appropriate vendors.
3. Coordinates the support activities of the laboratory(ies); establishes procedures for the use of equipment, supplies, materials, machinery and other items used; insures that faculty and students are oriented to the proper use of the laboratory(ies).
4. Participates in departmental staff meetings, advisory committee meetings, safety committee meetings; over the telephone or in person provides students, staff, instructors and public with information relating to specific programs; may represent the department/program to interested groups in the community.
5. Maintains records of activities undertaken in the support of the laboratory(ies) which may include typing forms, inputting data or otherwise retaining information regarding the acquisition, maintenance and distribution of equipment, materials, supplies and/or written materials.
6. Provides for the general cleanliness and security of the laboratory(ies) or work areas; disposes of hazardous materials according to specific instructions relating to their disposal; assists in providing for a safe environment for the conduct of the laboratories. Reports maintenance problems as they occur
Minimum Qualifications: The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application. - Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position. - In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of post-secondary education in Auto Collision Repair.
Three years of experience in Auto Collision Repair are required; experience performing the duties of the position may substitute for the post-secondary education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Must have proven written oral communications skills adequate to assist students in understanding the work they are to perform.
Proven ability to lead others to lead others and evaluate performance
Special/Preferred Qualifications: - Preference will be given to applicants with AAS degree in Auto Collision Repair Technology - Minimum 3 years experience working in Auto Collision Repair as a technician/journeyman. - Have a working knowledge in the use of Auto Collision Repair equipment and has the ability to fix equipment , as needed. - Knowledge of welding processes and the ability to weld light to medium guage metals. - Demonstrated teaching experience - Demonstrated experience with all programs in Microsoft Office and an excellent knowledge of Excel - Demonstrated experience in effectively managing inventory. - Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. - A team player. - Self starter who is dependable and a quick learner. - Excellent communication skills to include written and oral
Additional Posting Information: To apply for this position you must submit: 1. Completed responses to the (3) Required Questions - see questions below - (Attach document)* 2. Completed online application 3. Cover Letter (attach document)* 4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form
Documents that must be associated with this posting: Resume Cover Letter Responses to Required Questions
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.